Kaushik hails from Uttarpara, Hooghly; a small town in the state of West Bengal. Kaushik has nearly ten years’ experience in Defence Production Sector. He has worked with one of the leading arms and defence equipment manufacturers of the globe. Kaushik has worked as Junior Works Manager at The Ordnance Factory Board, Ministry of Defence, Government of India. He has worked in the cross-functional areas of Governance, IT, Finance, Procurement and HR. Kaushik is a Bachelor of Engineering in Information Technology from School of Information Technology, West Bengal University of Technology which was formerly known as Indian Institute of Information Technology Calcutta and a Master of Business Administration from Vinod Gupta School of Management (VGSoM) Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur; one of the premier Business Schools in India as well as in Asia. Currently his area of work is Public Policy, Public Finance, Cyber Security and Cybereconomics. He has several Economics, Policy, Information Technology and Finance related papers published on various international journals. Kaushik has several Economics, Policy, Information Technology and Finance related papers published on various international journals. His portfolio of publications is very diversified, starting from papers on Economics, Business Law to Cyber Security. Many of his papers have been published on international journals, including journals published by highly reputed international Business Schools. Kaushik has received a few citations from his published papers. Kaushik has an array of certifications in multiple domains starting from Technology to Business. He is a Subject Expert of Finance in Chegg.com (an online education portal). Kaushik is an active Professional Member of Association for Computing Machinery(ACM). Kaushik has expertise in multiple coding languages and a code contributor at many coding platforms. Kaushik has keen interest in Cybersecurity, Cyber-risk quantification, Cloud computing, Data Science, Macroeconomics, Mathematical/Statistical/Quantitative Modelling, Public Policy and Cyber-economics.
- Kaushik completed his Master of Business Administration (MBA, General) with a majority of the papers in the domain Finance and Marketing.
- Kaushik submitted a dissertation on Cyber-risk quantification which is in the area of Cyber-economics.
- The MBA programme nututured Kaushik’s skills and abilities. The programme transformed him from a Manager to an independent researcher with higher degree of research skills and aptitude.
- Finalist in National Level Valuation Competition Mulyankan, and the flagship event of the Purvodaya, 2019 (Business festival of VGSoM, IIT Kharagpur).
- Co-founder of the Digital Industry Interaction Platform and student co-ordinator for industry interaction for VGSoM Executive MBA.
- Bachelor of Engineering (BE), Information Technology from erstwhile Indian Institute of Information Technology, Calcutta
- A dissertation of information security management using cryptograhic and steganographic technique.
- PHP/MySql Developer on WAMP Server
- Project Trainee on Java
- e-procurement Administration
- Govt. of India’s Tender portal Administration
- Central Public Procurement Portal Administration
- NIC E-Mail Administration
- In house web application development
- OFB COMNET (intranet of DoDP,MoD) System and LAN Administration
- Promoted through Limited Departmental Competitive Examination held in 2016
- Managing/conducting - Information/cyber security audit as per extant rules and guidelines
- Formulating policies, frameworks and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) on information/cyber security in the organisation
- Managing/conducting - sessions, seminars and training on information/cyber security and other IT training
- Managing/conducting audit/investigation - on incidents pertaining to information/cyber security breach
- Member number 8912100
Project assigned to Kaushik at Indian Ordnance Factories ~
2015 - Indian Cyber Crisis Exercise/Cyber Security Mock Drill conducted by CERT-In.
2017-19 - Planning and organising the annual internal and third party Cyber Security Audit respectively by inteernal and CERT-In empanelled auditors.
- Kaushik played a pivotal role in the above projects and successfully completed his part. All projects witnessed grand success. e-procurement commissioned maintaining the timeline. Cyber Security Mock Drill culminated in Indian Ordnance Factories top performence in the same. The internal and third party Cyber Security Audit made the entire organisation more compliant on Cyber Security norms.
Kaushik’s portfolio of publications is very diversified, starting from papers on Economics, Business Law to Cyber Security. Many of his papers have been published on international journals, including journals published by highly reputed international Business Schools.